This dish is so easy, tastes great and even better warmed up for seconds-if there is leftover!
- 2-3 potatoes-peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can chedder cheese soup
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 onion minced or chopped
- (I use 1 tbsp beef (Watkins) soup base
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use whatever kind I have in the fridge)
Cover the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan with the sliced potatoes. Combine the soup and milk, pour over the potatoes. Brown ground beef, adding the garlic, chilli powder, onion, and soup base. Spread the cooked ground beef over the potatoe mixture in the pan. Pour the pizza sauce over and spread evenly, then cover and bake at 350 Degrees F for 90 minutes or until potatoes are done. Remove from the oven and spread the shredded cheese over-return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.